Friday, June 02, 2006

I'm such a sucker.......

for books like Little Bits Of Wisdom by Josie Bissett, Butterfly Kisses by Mary Ann Casler and Tona Pearce Myers and Before I Got Here edited by Blair Underwood. All these books have little sayings from kids, helpful hints from parents that have been there and inspiration quotes that can bring you to tears. I received Little Bits Of Wisdom from a close friend of mine while I was pregnant with Gracie and my sister gave me Butterfly Kisses as a gift when she was born and a friend from ILP just recently told me about Before I Got Here. So I figured I'd start sharing some of these sayings with you all every now and then.
The first one just cracks me up....the imagination of a child is so awesome. Just a quick little story why this one makes me smile. Gracie has such an active imagination. She says she has 3 jobs...she works at Home Depot, Petsmart and Hooters.....yes Hooters! She told us she recently got fired from Hooters because she brought her dragon to work and it accidentally burned it down so they fired her, but rest assured she got hired at another location! Yeah, I know what you're thinking....
So this one is from Butterfly Kisses:
"If I could have anything in the world I would like a dragon. The dragon would be nice and I could fly anywhere in the world with my family. My Dad and Mom deserve a vacation and I could take them anywhere on my dragon."
-Garrett, age 5
Cute huh?
This one is from Little Bits of Wisdom:
"Ignore the dirty looks that some people will give you when your child is crying, throwing a tantrum, eating a Chicken McNugget, or wearing their rain boots on a beautiful sunny day. Look more carefully and you will notice another group of people-other parents-smiling, thinking, "been there, done that"-and not judging you in the least."
-Susan Pagano
That one is soooooo true!
I recommend any of these books...I've read them and reread them over and over again and I still get a little chuckle and chill everytime. =)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home