Friday, August 11, 2006

"One Million Dollars!"



This reminds me of Dr. Evil in Austin Powers....except it's not with the pinky! =) OK, I know, I'm in lala land sometimes, I admit it. =)

Monday is the day.....the day my little girl goes to school. I'm not doing very well and I'm serious when I say this....my hair is falling out. HUGE chucks of it comes out when I brush it....it's horrible. I'm wigging out a bit.

Yesterday, we had "Meet the Teacher" and I guess I was a bit disappointed. I'm looking for every little thing that I can complain about so I don't have to send her. Her teacher seems really nice but very timid and scared. I keep thinking these kids are going to eat her alive. I'm picturing Kindergarten Cop where they're running around butt-wild painting each other with lamp shades on their heads! LOL!! Call me crazy! Anywho, she seems really nice and excited to start so that's a good thing. Gracie has 10 girls and 7 boys in her class.....I'm thinking there's going to be a cat-fight soon....too little boys, too little time and Gracie is BOY-CRAZY! God help them! =)

Most of my closes friends are teachers so I hear all the horror stories and stuff but thought, "Oh, they're over-reacting, it can't be that bad!" Well folks, I'm here to tell you, that I'm dead wrong. There's a mother that is already "THAT MOTHER" that expects their child to get special treatment from the teacher....her undividing attention (and it's not even the first day of school yet). You should have heard the things coming out of her mouth last night...I'm sure I looked like a deer caught in headlights with my jaw to the floor looking at her....WTH? Grady being someone that just lets things slide was floored! It boggles my mind.....I'm speechless really!

Then today was the Kindergarten lunch so they could get a feel of going through the lunchline. It was so cute (and yet I was secertly crying inside) watching Gracie go through the line. The menu consisted of chocolate milk and a hot dog...she passed on the corn and pineapple bites. And nope...she didn't eat the hot dog...only the bun. Needless to say I'll be packing her lunch most of the time otherwise I see her telling people that she only gets bread and water for lunch and pretty soon CPS will be knocking on my door. LOL! =) We are going to try to have her eat there 1 day a week and hopefully she'll expand her food palette! =)
She made 3 new friends today....Christina, Blake and Ashlinn and we've already been invited to Christina's b'day party, so that's cool! =) And get this...I didn't want to look like a fool bringing my camera today, but after lunch they had the whole Kindergarten class stand up on the stage to take a picture....just my luck! "A day late, a dollar short" and "Why don't you kick my dog while your at it".....has been my moto lately! And I tried to take it with my phone cam, it was a no go....I couldn't figure it out! =)

And on the way home I started to cry again...and Gracie said the sweetest thing to me. She told me that this is going to be good for her and she'll learn a bunch of new things but she'll always come home to me. OMG, tear-jerker! I sometimes wonder how she can be so sweet (most of the time.....scroll down and see the bathtub hissy fit)...if you ask Grady, he'd tell you it's not from me. =) Then she said that she was going to draw me a picture and I could look at it when I missed her and think of her....what a kid she is! She amazes me sometimes. =)

Wow, this is my longest post...hopefully you made it all the way through without getting bored! Everyone have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Bren

18 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Wow, what a sweet little girl you have. And wise too. You really are a blessed mommy!

Garrett's teacher last year was a little quiet too, but she really could handle the class. Everytime I went in she was very in control, but the kids stil had fun.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, what a great little girl you have! And I have to say that your photography is stunning!!! I just found your blog via the 2peas photo board and you are incredibly talented!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is gonna do great in school!!

3:40 PM  
Blogger christie said...

That is a wonderful picture, and an even better post :)

Everything is going to be fine, and she is going to have so much fun.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Tori said...

Brenda..I love this photo! I read your blog all the time and wish that I could leave comments more. I have a 2 1/2 yr and man..I am dreading to even put him in mothers day out..so I totally understand where you are coming from. Lordy..they grow fast. Love your blog..cant wait to see the first day pictures of Gracie going to Kinder! Good Luck..
p.s. Try not to wig out too much..you need to keep your hair!
TORI
barnraisedinfreshdirt.blogspot.com

6:24 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

You guys are gonna be fine. it's like a shot.... the thought is always worse then the actual shot. Pretty soon you'll get so caught up in her school work and seeing the pride on her face as she excels in school, that this time won't seem so sad. Just breathe slowly and keep taking pictures. Don't forget to put the camera down and be in the moment.... It's a mix of so many emotions that it took me a couple of days to filter through them all.okay.... more like the first week of school..

And just so you know..... nearly all the parents were at school like 45 minutes early waiting outside for their kindergartner to come out afterschool...

Let us know how it goes.
Sharon

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

didn't bore me a bit...in fact we had "meet the teacher" day today as well. 4yo ds going to school for the first time ever! makes me so sad inside, i once wondered how he would do on the first day...now i worry about myself ! he fit in just fine...already make a new friend and seems to really love his teacher....who is wonderful ! i think our little ones really do take things better than we do sometimes...which is a good thing...i understand the feeling of trying to find something "wrong" with the new teacher...i hope she will turn out to be more than you expect! i'll be thinking of you on monday...can't wait to see some pics!
cgarrett

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a smoosh. gotta love that cute little sweetie! she really has a sweet nature from the crazy two hours i witnessed her. ;) she was so sweet with jack!

she'll be fine. i know...shutup right. but she will! it's just hard....man i am dreading next year!

9:16 PM  
Blogger lynne said...

I totally can relate what you're going through and it doesn't get any easier when 1st grade starts (that's what my oldest is going into). I'm so nervous for him, I want him to go and I don't want him to go. No one warned us about these emotions, lol!

Love your photos!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow! I can't believe the kids are old enough...but part of me is ready for it, too! I wish we were closer, I'd love to have a pic of Gracie and Gordy now. I check in on the blog often and I really love the pictures. I hate that we didn't get to see you in June...and that you couldn't take pictures of the kids!!!
miss you guys, Mel

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck at school tomorrow! I can't wait to see some pics! I can't believe the kids are old enough for this...but part of me is ready! No looking back now!

I check your blog often and love the pictures. I hate we didn't get to see you guys in June...and that you couldn't take pics of the kids! I would love to have one of Gordy and Gracie together now! Miss you guys, Mel

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck at school tomorrow! I can't wait to see some pics! I can't believe the kids are old enough for this...but part of me is ready! No looking back now!

I check your blog often and love the pictures. I hate we didn't get to see you guys in June...and that you couldn't take pics of the kids! I would love to have one of Gordy and Gracie together now! Miss you guys, Mel

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUH...sorry, I didn't think it went through!!! mel

8:48 PM  
Blogger Missy K said...

Brenda--

Love following your blog-- and had to post-- my Joshua starts kindergarten this week and if I had a dollar for every breakdown I've had. .. But he is totally ready and nothing but excited. We will all take a deep breath together-- I keep telling myself that in a few short weeks this will all be routine and seem "normal."

7:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Another mom of a new kindergartener who is not dealing well. The mom, that is. The kid? He's so excited it breaks my heart.

Good luck to Gracie and Mom this week.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Thank you everyone! We, or should I say I, made it through! =) She can't wait to go back tomorrow. It just was really weird not having her here....very quiet (when Sam was sleeping that is). =)

Mel....how'd you do? I bet Gordy LOVED it...he's such a sweetie! I'm calling him teacher's pet. =)AWWW....I miss you guys so much and it was such a bummer we couldn't get together. You've got to email me Gordy's first day photos....I picture him smiling from ear to ear. =)

Frederique...now that's crazy! And you had a double dose with them being twins! WOW...and I thought full day was bad...I bet they love it though, they are such cute little guys always smiling and hamming it up! =)

Thanks again everyone...like I said in the post above, you guys are so awesome for giving me support and cheaper than a shrink! =)

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, Brenda!! Your girl is just beautiful... :)

10:22 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Thanks Miss Amber! =)

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home