Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I've got a sick little kidlet today!


Can someone please tell me how a person can get a cold in the middle of 105 degree weather? Gracie caught a cold...it came on last night when she was getting ready for bed and from that point on she woke up every 2 hours coughing, so needless to say we are both spent. And to get that kid to take medicine is like pulling teeth. She has a stall tactic that she uses and I'm usually left standing there holding the spoon for a good 15 minutes until she finally takes it. =)

So, I'll be out of the loop....hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow, I can't believe we've already missed a day of school not even into the second week.
I'll get the the questions ASAP but had to laugh at what Tara asked! LOL!! =) Hmmmm and a self portrait....I'll have to think about that one. I hate the way I look in photos. Just to give you an idea, the last time we had a family picture taken was when my hair was really really short, like pixie short....now, it's done to the middle of my back. See! =)

Anywho, just sharing one from a while ago...I passed it up for some reason and I just saw it again....a good reason not to delete any photo right of the bat! =)

12 Comments:

Blogger Weintribe said...

yuck-sorry she's sick :( I was just thinking of you and wondering if you were enjoying your time with just Miss Sam today. never mind ;)

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry she is not feeling well that is the worst. Sweet image! I would love to see your self portrait too- those are so hard though- LOL

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so happy i found your blog! i've seen you lots on 2peas.. i love your stuff!! hope the kiddo feels better soon.. that's no fun!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Oakstream Photography said...

She is STILLLLLLLLLLLLL CUTE...even if you do have a hard time giving her medicine..haha!!!!

BELIEVE ME...once school starts...THE DARN SICKNESSES start! It sucks!!!!

Hope she starts to feel better soon;)

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww..so sweet.Hopw she gets better

3:23 PM  
Blogger christie said...

That first pictures has such a warm feel. Very nice (even if it is when she is sick).

The second one is lovely too... very cute.

Hope she feels better soon.

3:30 PM  
Blogger lynne said...

She looks so sweet laying there though. I hope she feels better soon. My son missed his first and only day of Kindergarten the first week of school thanks to a high fever.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Tina Parker said...

Awwwe, Poor Gracie- Hope she feels better soon! Darn them school germs! She looks so sweet laying there- She's beautiful even when she's sick! LOL- I never delete any of my photos unless they are blurry - glad you didn't toss that one, it's a keeper for sure!

Yes, and I'm chanting self portrait!! Come on- let us see YOU!!!!!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

I'll chant with Tina - self portrait, self portrait. Come on, you can do it! Hope Gracie starts feeling better - your pictures are superb, as always!

9:05 PM  
Blogger AnneMarie said...

what a gorgeous photo...even if she is sick...

kids who don't go to daycare 24/7 before kindergarten get this... my dd did... I took it as an opportunity to reconnect in a way we did before school started...

plus, I saw on the news that our area is hit hard with the pollen because of the excessive heat... hang in there and I hope she feels better soon :)

9:35 AM  
Blogger mindi11 said...

that's the sweetest sleeping photo i've ever seen. so tender :)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Thanks everyone...now she feels better and I feel like yuck! Go figure! =)

Jen,
It's much more quiet around here. Sam misses her, she goes all throughout the house looking for her and she's trying to say "Gracie" too. =)

Lynne,
Now that's a bummer! Apparently there's a bad virus going around here so just about everyone is bound to get it.....those tummy bugs just aren't fun.

Michelle,
We should do both do it with their betty bunnies...how cute would that be? LOL!!

Thanks again everyone! =)

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home