Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Just a couple to share.....

So, this little girl LOVES clothes! She changes about 3 to 4 times a day (it drives me nuts) and actually will look through catalogs and pick out stuff she wants....I think I've created a monster! LOL!! I went to BabyGap yesterday and picked up this cute little hat for $4.99 and funky cuff socks...my new thing is cute socks lately. =) Anywho, she asked me to get my camera....how could I let her down and we headed outside but about after 10 frames, she was done....boy do I need new models. =)






OK, don't laugh....I'm still doing Amanda's workshop! BWWAAHHHH! It was suppose to be for 4 weeks but I've been slacking lately and she's been so cool about it. I'm sitting my booty down and finishing the next assignment, one of the ones that I've been looking forward to doing...wish me luck! =)

Also, I just wanted to mention the 1 year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. I can't believe it's been a year....it seems like yesterday I was glued to CNN watching everything unfold. WOW!! I cried my eyes out for days and finally just had to turn the T.V. off. I'm floored that the clean-up is so slow and the people that need the money don't get it. And don't get me started on Insurance companies! I for one felt, and still do, our government has failed them. But I will say that there are a lot of strong people there...if I endured what they had too and lost everything, I don't think I could go back...so kudos to them. I hope one day they can be at peace and will NEVER have to go through something like that again.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Brenda, I love these. Seems like your conversion is darker than usual but it really works well! Beautiful!!
I was also thinking about what happened a year ago. It is big news here as well, thanks to CNN and it is unbelievable that 1 year has passed already!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the tones in that first one. She has such a sweet look in these. Love that hat. I'm into hats these days!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Love the pictures, they beautiful as always! And those socks are way cool :)

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what sweet images she is such a cutie! Love the tones in these!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Amy Covey said...

gorgeous photos as usual. i love all her different expressions and especially love her hat! i have a 5 year old-clothes crazy daughter...they'd be a perfect match!

8:11 PM  
Blogger amy gretchen said...

these are darling. i love them. i hear you about new models. i have to bribe my kids. i can't imagine your going through the same struggle...your gracie is a natural in front of the camera. can't believe you got these in 10 frames.

btw where are you shooting? Do you mind if i ask for your settings.

it is weird to think a year has past. prayers to all those involved.

thanks.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she is such a poser lol. What a cutie :)

10:01 PM  
Blogger Kellie Larsen said...

oh! Love the socks and i love the angles! The tones are soo perfect!

2:00 AM  
Blogger Tina Parker said...

These are awesome Brenda!! I love her outfit- socks and hat are TDF!!
This conversion is just awesome!!

Can't believe it's been a year already - where has the time gone? I can't believe it's taken them so long - I really feel for those who were hit by this!

Tina

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better NOT get new models. I love seing Gracie (; She has started a trend with the swirly piggie tails!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cute...love those socks. Did you see the rainbow ones?? Z had to hav ethose...

9:34 AM  
Blogger Melissa Davis said...

How stinking cute! I love them all!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Capturing the heart and soul of childhood said...

These are FANTABULOUS!!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Darling pictures!

It's hard to express my feelings about Katrina.... I get so mad out here in California because it just seems like it's not front page news anymore and people are still suffering so much. I can't stand the "Oh yeah... that was a year ago." It's still happening to so many people. I just feel so bad about the people who can't forget because it's not over for them.

Okay.... I'll stop. Your pictures are stunning! I was all sad about the weather getting cold and having to put my baby in long pants till I remembered stripped tights!!! Every season has great outfit options!
Sharon

6:30 PM  
Blogger Oakstream Photography said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE these!!!! Your b&w & the contrast...DELICIOUS;);)

4:09 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Frederique....they have been lately and for no real reason why...weird huh? =)

Nadia....when I just glanced at them, they reminded me of Jett...he's got a hat somewhat like it. =)

Jennifer....thanks sweetie!

Jill, Angela, Amy, Clair, Kellie, Tina, Melissa, Jen, Sharon and Alisha...thanks so much! =)

Amy....I really do need new ones. I'm about to hit my neighbors up pretty soon. =) These are just at the front step to our house. I shot in AV mode and the shutters fell between 800-2000 at 2.0 and iso of 100. =)

Laura....LOL...I know! That's so funny! =)

Marie,
I haven't seen them but you've got me sold...Z has such wonderful taste, I'm just going to buy them =)

Michelle...it's going well, thanks sweetie! Go and get the hat today...it was on sale for 4.99! BARGIN! =)

3:49 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I love these Brenda. Nicely composed and that hat is the best. Hey, if you can get this from 10 frames, I'd say 10 framesis plenty. Excellent job.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

BWWHHAAA Jeanette.....I should get some kind of comission from them! Aren't those socks the cutest? Skye said she found some for us at Kohl's...I need to go there and we can match one day! =)

Thanks Tara...I'm such an overshooter, I'm trying to curb that habit! =)

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home