Friday, August 25, 2006

Lots to talk about! =)

I PROMISE I'm going to get to the questions tonight.....PROMISE! =)

So, we loaded up and went to the fair last night to check out the photos and have a little fun. I received first place in the people colored category with this one.....


And second place in the people b/w category! =)



That threw me for a bit of a loop....I so thought that one was going to be my best bet! =) I only entered 2 instead of 4 (Jen, if your reading this, sorry)! I went ahead and had 4 printed but when I got them back....I had to crop them as a 8x10 and I thought they lost a lot of impact....ie: Gracie looking in her closet and reading a book on her bed....they just seemed blah afterwards.

So we hung out a bit and rode some rides. Gracie of course rode the Merry-Go-Round and the Sit-n-Spin (if that's what it's called). She had fun but we shouldn't have kept her out so long with her being sick....she's better but still has a wet nasty cough. =(



I've got more but it's not letting me upload anymore. To be continued! =)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brenda,
Congratulations on your fair win!!
I'm hoping to get brave enough to enter someday too.
I just LOVE your work. Your photos have such a warm feeling to them.
Gracie is such a beautiful model. I check your blog often just to see her sweet photos.
Your photos are an inspritaion

Have a good one,
Janet
(Scrapngranny)

6:38 PM  
Blogger Tracie said...

Congrats on the fair results!!! How cool is that?? I will admit that I've been stalking your site and the fair's site to see if any results were posted.

We *need* to have another playdate soon!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Weintribe said...

Congrats on your awards! Those are awesome images, you deserve the recognition!

and *sigh*-I guess I forgive you ;)

Jen

7:51 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah for you! Love your pictures, love that you won - LOVE!!!

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love teh fair shots!!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Tina Parker said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! I had no doubts that you would place!!! Love the photos from the fair!! I am sending you a specail email- keep your eyes open ;)
Tina

11:39 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Janet,
Definitely do it....I'm always afraid to put my work out there but I know I need to do it to get into the business....take baby steps. =)

Thanks Tracie! =)

Thanks Jen! =)

Holly, Marie, Tina and Michelle....thanks guys!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home