Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Kristen Erwin and "Road Rage"

I was contacted by Kristen a couple weeks ago and she asked me if she could paint a picture of Gracie. She is doing a series on little girls...what they are made of, the lives of and all the fun stuff in-between. She says there is so much art out there that focuses on the negative aspects of the world whereas she likes to focus on the lighter side of life, like children running and playing...or in this case, Gracie full of spunkiness....she says it makes people feel good and I can't agree more.



Well, she had a showing of her work and she said Gracie was a HUGE hit and the painting was bought by a woman in her mid 60's. She told Kristen that when she saw it she about fell over. She said it reminded her of how she was when she was that age. "A little toot!" =) Funny thing is, I call Gracie that all the time!

Anywho, check out Kristen's portfolio, you'll love her stuff. She's going to paint another picture of Gracie for me and I'm having a heck of a time deciding which one! LOL!!

17 Comments:

Blogger Angie Penrose said...

That is darling! So fun.:)

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun painting! Too cute!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh!!!! i love it so much! and think that you made the best choice for the first one!

congratulations!!!!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Rachel Schell said...

wow!! that is gorgeous!! she did an excellent job!!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is too fun!!
I love that picture in your banner and
the painting is just perfect!
I can't wait to see the next one!
TFS!
Kathryn

1:06 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

This is so awesome and I checked out her website her work is so beautiful, both of you great job!!!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

How cool!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I absolutely love art that brings joy and emotion!!! This painting is amazing!
You should be so proud to have such an energetic subject in your life...she cute in photos as well as paint!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Oh my!! This is so cute.

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow- Gracie looks fantastic in any media you put her in... that piece is so fun!! She did a great job~

9:09 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You are so lucky!! I've always wanted a picture painted of my kids! (Thanks for the link..now maybe it can become a reality! :D) Love it!

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - her stuff is awsome ..
I love it .. and the painting of Gracie is amazing!!
WOW!!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

Ohhh! It is so cute! She did a great job. I love her artist's statement about "the joy, frustration, irony, and comedy of being a little girl." I am working on a painting of one of my girls right now and I know how hard it is to capture that sweetness and spunk.
: ) Smiles!

2:55 PM  
Blogger lynne said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious and would be so fun to put up in a girl's room, i love it!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Tori said...

brenda, where did you get your angel wings?? The ones that are on sam?

9:18 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Oh my, I love this so much! It's sooo perfect!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Isn't it the cutest!! I just love it but wasn't quick enough to get it from Kristen. =) I'm still deciding on what I want her to paint next...I'm dying here! =)

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home