Sunday, July 09, 2006

My brain is officially fried.....

and I'm sure I really couldn't afford to lose what I had! LOL!! =)
I just finished Amanda's second assignment and it was soo soo hard! I told her I wasn't as happy with the photos and she was so nice.....she gave me the cc that I needed and basically just verified why I'm taking her class. She is sooo awesome and makes me think about things that never crossed my mind before. I know I have a style already and I've accepted it...some of you all call it Pottery Barn Kids....that makes me laugh everytime I think about it...if only I could market it that way. And I love that some of you all have said that they can see a photo in the gallery and already know it's me, but I want to turn a corner with my photography and I want you guys to see a photo and then be shocked that I took it...KWIM? =) So anywho, here's a couple that I submitted to Amanda...I can't put my finger on it but for me, they didn't have that WOW factor that I want....don't get me wrong, I'm happy with them, but I think you can immediately tell they are mine.....and Gracie is a dead give-away too! =)






And also for all you guys that are interested in the cute hats and shoes, I talked to Leslie yesterday and she said to just email her directly if you want to purchase any. =)
babyshoe@wiggystudio.com

13 Comments:

Blogger AnneMarie said...

I think you ARE turning a corner.. the first 2 are a bit different for you!!! I don't know if it's the composition or the colors being deeper.. and not just in tone...
great job!!!

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the photos - they are different than your usual. I'd be curious to know what kind of CC you received from Amanda on these cuz you know we're all stalking your photos & are learning from them!!

Great job!!!
Debbie

1:08 PM  
Blogger pakosta said...

all of your photos have that WOW factor to me! i LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! always! i need to take that class too!
t

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brenda, if I could take photos half as good as you, I would be ecstatic.

I absolutely LOVE the one of Gracie in her tutu surrounded by bubbles. Wow. I so wish I could take my little girl (she just turned 7...sniff sniff) & turn back time just a couple of years so I could get cute photos like this.)

I don't think my husband would allow me to take tutu/bubbles photos w/ my 2 sons. LOL

Love all of these. Your B&W tones are awesome. Jenny

8:55 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

I really like these Brenda. I agree with annemarie, the first two are a bit different for you and they're sweet as can be.
You always have such nice b/w tones, love them!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Tina Parker said...

Brenda~
I LOVE these! The last three- I can really feel her excitment in. I'm so happy for you for taking Amanda's workshop! (not that I think you need it, because you already have the wow factor ;) I think that once you branch out, you will be makin some serious money~ Everyone will want you for their personal photographer!
Tina

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too hard on yourself. These are awesome and you should embrace your style. It's what makes you...you (KWIM?). I love them! It took me awhile to embrace my style and accept it though.

Thanks again for the info on the header for my blog and I hope to be able to put one up this week.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everytime I hear you talk about her workshop, I drool! LOL!! I soooo wish I could take it! Anyway...The first and Last bubble shot....make a storyboard and BLOW THEM UP GIRL!!! They are fabulous!!! Do you have jinky's storybards? The 20x18 with those two vertical would be killer!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

those bubble photos do it for me. she looks like she's really free and enjoying herself.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goblot said...

Brenda, these are really gorgeous and adorable! And you are right--instantly recognizable as you. Is that what's bugging you? You want to get out of your comfort zone? You could always try a different lens--it will force you to work in a different fashion. But I really think you nailed it. :)

9:09 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

WOW....thank you so much for your wonderful comments...they mean so much to me and I love that I have such an awesome support group with everyone!
Hugs,
Bren

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that last shot...it rocks

2:35 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Thanks so much Marie! =)

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home