Saturday, June 24, 2006

I am WIPED out!




Today, we decided to tackle our front beds in the yard.......it really looked like a small jungle. And me being so scared of snakes, I've always managed to put it off but today, we decided it was just too bad and I'm sure our neighbors hated our yard...if they wanted to sell their house, ours would probably bring down their value. =) So we went out about about 2ish in the afternoon (I'm not sure what we were thinking in 90 something degree weather).....Gracie cut out early, she went inside about 5 minutes into it. Grady ripped out the monkey grass that we had.....all sorts of critters came out of the wood work then. And yes.....2 small snakes graced us with their presence. A snake is a snake to me, I don't care if they are tiny or huge, it's all the same. These were little but I was just waited for Big Momma to show up. Luckily she didn't! I wish I took some before pictures to show you guys how awful it looked, but I'll take some throughout the transformation. Tomorrow, we are going to plant some flowers.....I have NO GREEN THUMB so I hope they stay alive....begonias looks like my best bet, I've heard they are hard to kill. And manual labor isn't my thing....Grady said my face was soooo bright red and I think I took about 10 breaks.....I'm much more of an air conditioner kinda gal! =)

Anywho, here's a couple more of Gracie and the angel wings......I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! =)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good heavens, she is a doll.

can't wait to see the new flowers! also, i kill plants. glad i'm not the only one.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Brenda, that first one has got to be the cutest yet!!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My Brenda!!!! I LOVE these....so fun...love her expressions and well you know how much I love jumping shots!!! Fabulous!!~

10:30 AM  
Blogger Tina Parker said...

Love these Brenda!! LOL at the snakes- I remember when you first starting posting on 2peas, you had said someting about them in your yard! I hate snakes too- don't think I would even be out there he he!
Have a great one,
Tina

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she is so darn cute...reminds me so much of Zavia.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Brenda, we're doing the same thing here. Cleaning out the overgrown clower beds-it's a big job, but I bet your yard will look incredible!

I love the images here. She is so sweet!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Alissa,
Me too....I'm ashamed of it! My Mom still has house plants that she had when I was little! My Sister has a green thumb and my Dad too...somehow it skipped me. =)

Thanks Coco...that's one of my favs too. =)

Michelle...thanks sweetie! =)

Tina,
I know.....I freaked out! I have nightmares about them all the time...my biggest fear is I find one in my bed...AGGGHHH!

Thanks Katie! =)

Marie
Oh, I would LOVE to spend the day with Zavia and taking her picture...she is a little dream come true....so photogentic and she looks like such a little spitfire too....that would be sooo much fun! =)

Leah,
We finished yesterday....I'm proud of it but it's kinda lame and sparse! =) It does look 10x better though and that's all that counts. =)

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you women know what us guys have to put up with. We do our work just like you do in the house, but ours is outside in the 100 degree heat. Val gave me a hard time one time and I asked her to help me in the yard one day (it was about 95). Thirty minutes into it, she came up (red faced) and told me she'll never say anything again (ha!).

Richard

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home