Friday, June 30, 2006

Amanda's Mentoring Workshop...assignment 1

So I had the hardest time taking a simple photo of a piece of fruit and Amanda makes you limit yourself to only taking 5 photos (and I'm the dictionary definition of an over-shooter) so it really makes you think....here's my pineapple...don't laugh, I'm darn proud!

This one just makes me giggle (sad huh)? It looks like it's popping a squat in the grass, just hanging out, sunbathing.....I should have put an umbrella friuty drink next too it......oh, I think I need therapy!



Grady thinks I should have put a fork in this one and flip it upside down....his take on the upside down pineapple cake I guess! =) LOL!!


When Gracie saw the pineapple this morning, she said, "Hey, that's SpongeBob's house!"


Anywho, her workshop is going to be sooo much fun (and I'm only in week one, session one) and I hope it helps me turn the corner with my photography to where I want to be and what I want to produce. =) I'd recommend it in a heatbeat to anyone that wants to develop their creative side (and no, this is not a plug...most of you guys know I just love her work)! =)



8 Comments:

Blogger AnneMarie said...

these are awesome!!! turn a corner... wow.. I am already amazed!!! can't wait to see where this takes you!! :)

1:20 PM  
Blogger stace said...

Very interesting. I have thought about doing her mentoring program as well. I will be interested to hear how it goes for you and to see more or your assignments.

4:04 PM  
Blogger amy gretchen said...

I would love to see more from your workshop. Please post them I am interesting in this class. i could us something to spice up my creativity.

btw your work is amazing. I found your blog via twopeas. What are you shooting with?

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE IT!!! You are so creative its not even funny!

You put my grapes to shame LOL!!!

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And of course, it helps that you're already great ANYWAY. You know I love these. :)

9:05 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Thanks Anne Marie! =)

Stace and Amy,
I'd recommend you all to do it, it's so awesome and her assignments are so much fun and interesting. =) Just from the first one, I can see I look at things differently so I'm excited what the rest will bring. =)

Allyson,
AWWWW...thank you! It was hard wasn't it? I can't wait to get started on the next one....it's a toughy but I'm up too it. I love how she challenges us! =) I'd love to see your grapes. =)

Thanks Amanda....you're so sweet to me and of course making me blush right now! =)

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so Jealous...I would love to take her workshop!!!

Love the first shot!!!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Thanks Michelle! Oh man, I would love to see what you would come up with in the assignments...you would blow me away that's for sure! =)

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home