Monday, February 12, 2007

Wash and go........

yep, that's my new haircut! Super easy! LOL!!

OK...a little background if any of you guys are interested. I use to have a pixie short haircut a LONG, LONG time ago....I finally was able to grow it out to about the middle of my back....the longest I've ever had my hair. I swore up and down if I could bare growing it out, I would NEVER cut it.....well never finally came. I was soooo tired of it. I always wore it up, I looked like a horse with a long mane, never did anything to it and the time it took to dry....OMG, eternity! So I decided to just go and get it cut just a little pass my shoulders. 10 inches later, I had a hair cut that I HATED!! I didn't go to my regular hairdresser thinking why the heck spend 60 bucks on a super easy cut. Bad idea....bless the lady's heart, she had no clue what I was trying to tell her.
So yesterday we went to Northpark Mall in Dallas. For you guys that aren't from here....that is the best mall! It's got everything you need.....even a wing just of little kids stores, it's awesome! We live in a smaller town just outside of Dallas and we felt we were in a different universe! LOL!!, I guess we are country bunkins!! Anywho, to get back to the story.....I had found the cutest hair cut on this model in an Anthropologie magazine and I saved the photos. I carried in my bag just incase I got a wild hair up my b*tt and decided to chop it all off. We where walking by Toni and Guy and I told my hubby, I should just go ahead and cut it off.....he actually didn't object. I guess he hated my new cut just as much as I did. I LOVE Tony and Guy....that's where I normally get my hair cut so I knew that I'd be in good hands. Well, and hour and a half later and a total of about 13 inches wacked off (from the 2 haircuts) later.....I have a new pixie hair cut! I LOVE it.....and seriously, I just wash it and put some pomeade in it and I'm set....it's so cool!! It's not as short as I use to have it....I think if I wanted to grow it out, it'd be much easier this time around, but that won't be happening anytime soon. I actually feel like wearing something else other than sweatpants each day! LOL!!
Oh and the first cut....I saved my hair and I'm sending it to Locks of Love....at least something good came out of the first cut. =)

OK...enough about my hair.....I've been tagged by Frederique and Alana to list 6 things that make me happy. =)

1. My family and my friends are most definitely #1!
2. Ok, this may sound goofy....but photography. It's a great release for me and when I see that
I get that money shot, that makes me smile.
3. The TV show LOST! Strange huh? I love that show and I know it's an hour that I have on
Wednesdays to unwind....forget everything that needs to be done.
4. A clean house and all the laundry done! Heck YEAH!
5. When Gracie comes in our room and wakes us up in the morning....that's pure sweetness. =)
6. Excedrin Migraine...the only thing that works on my migraines.
ETA: Ha...a picture of me....not in this lifetime! I hate being in front of the camera...isn't that they way it works? Since you guys want to see the cut, I took pictures of the photos to get around the copyright laws.....very crafty huh? This is not me.....I wish it was but it's not! Instead I have brown eyes the color of tree bark! LOL!! The cut looks just like this. I forgot to mention....Maria (the hairstylist) looked at the photo ONE time and that was it...now that's good! =)







23 Comments:

Blogger Amy Covey said...

Okay...you can't post the whole story of your new haircut WITHOUT a photo. That's just cruel! :) So...show us the new "do"!

PS My sister lives south of Dallas...I'm definitely going to tell her to check out that mall!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Congratulations on your new haircut, I'm sure it looks gorgeous to match your profile, I told who you look like already and I'm sticking to it, if you want me to blurt it out again, i will!!!

I finally did mine 3 months ago and I love it. The wonder of short hair.

you know what my hairstylist told me after she cut 15 inches of it?
"Are you going to Cry?!Oh look at you, you are going to cry!"

I retorted, "I survived the 80's, I'll survived this!"

1:19 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I'm with Amy... where the HECK is the picture!! We want to see your new hairstyle!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Miranda Renner Photography said...

You must have "forgot" to include the picture ;)

I went in and had my hair chopped off to give to locks for love and AFTER they were done, they said that I couldn't because I highlight my hair! I told them good luck if they thought they could find enough people who DIDN'T color their hair! Well, apparently you are one of those NATURALLY gorgeous people!Congrats.
miranda

2:07 PM  
Blogger J said...

Seriously, this "sista-hood" must run deep....
I have SUCH long hair right now, prob. below the middle of my back, and it's long only because I'm too (you insert....busy, lazy, scared, tired, etc....) I run a daycare and I must say the long pony is quite easy but SO BORING! Besides, I'm almost 40 and I'm NOT Jane Seymour so the hair has got to go... You just might have been what gets me off my butt to do it! I'd love to see the picture of you!

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok...so you can't to those great lengths to tell us about your new "do" without giving us a glimpse...so where's the photo????

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree you can't share that story without pictures!
Pics pics pics please!!!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Photo! Photo! Photo! ;) Just teasing, I like the hair "do" on the model.... looks so stylish and easy to do! :) Photo! Photo! Photo! ;)

3:35 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

I have to agree, the model looks great but I'd love to see your hair, on you. I'm sure Gracie would be happy to take a photo for us!

4:06 PM  
Blogger J said...

ok - suuuuper cute hair. Now THAT, I might do. The longish front still gives a "longish" feel to it. I have brown eyes, too, so you MUST publish your own photo with the new cut so I can make my final decision..ha!ha!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Umm... No picture? Your kidding right? For real... that's just wrong. I read that whole story and I get a picture of a picture of some model?
Hee! Hee!
Just have Grace snap a picture of you! :-)

5:48 PM  
Blogger The Doerflers said...

Very cool cut; I'm sure it rocks on ya!! Love your photos! and we LOVE Lost too!
-Sarah

9:01 PM  
Blogger Melissa Davis said...

OK Brenda, you can't do that! you MUST post pictures of your new hair cut!! You are so stinking cute, and I bet it looks great on you!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Oakstream Photography said...

Awesome haircut!!!!!!! I love it! THOUGH I DO KNOW that YOU are BEAUTIFUL!!!!....sooooooo I want to see a picture of YOU YOU YOU;););)

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...I love the haircut! I wish I had enough guts to cut mine off;) I wear mine up ALL the time (even when I spend $100 on cut and color)! By the way, I also love that mall. I visit Dallas a few times a year to go to NorthPark, The Galleria Mall, Z gallery, Container Store and my fave IKEA! I'm about 4 hours from Dallas in Tulsa (Oklahoma that is)! Cute cut, would love to see some pics of you;)

11:10 PM  
Blogger ellen said...

Hooray for short hair! I donated my red curly hair to Locks of Love last year. It's a good cause.

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man, i was just waiting to see a photo of your new "do" - you must post! that is one sexy haircut i tell you - way to go! (i have short-ish hair too, and am constantly vascilating between short and long - right now it's right-in-the-middle-boring);) -c

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everytime i look at your blog I think, I want to see a picture of the woman who created this ADORABLE child... and now I want to see your hair. C'mon, get brave!! Self portrait!! :) Besides, we all know that Anthropologie model is ultra PS'd!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Tina Parker said...

That cut is super cute- Bet it looks great on you.....just go stand in front of a mirror and take a photo for us Please (we don't have to see your face- hence the stand in front of a mirror with camera in face ;)
Tina

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cute haircut! It would never look that cute on me! I totally agree with you about Northpark. That is the best mall in Dallas! It's so huge now that they have finished with the expansion. It has everything you could imagine.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CUTE HAIR --- LOOOOVVE IT! I bet it looks adorable on you!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Brenda - are you really not going to show us "You" .. I would really love to see it on you!! LOL!!
Well if you change your mind you know where to find us ..
I love this haircut BTW - it's very stylish .. and sexy!!
I am soooo afraid to cut my hair .. I get nightmares about it .. it's about shoulder lenght now .. and that's the shortest it's gonna be .. I use to have it pixie too - back in college days!!
But not now .. I love having the choice to put it up ..
Awsome about giving your hair to "Locks of Love".. I wish my hair was long enough - and I would donate mine too ..

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had to have the chop too. i loved my hair longer, but it didn't look good tied back and it was just too hot to wear it down. Using my straightening irons was torture in the heat too. i asked "munif" ($50 FJD!!) what he thought and he said it had to go shorter. Now it is actually similar to that pic, just a little longer in the back and fringe (bangs) but not much! so easy! nb don't blame you, I don't do photos either. we will just have to all meet one day...

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home