Friday, April 13, 2007

Being Brave.....

Most of you guys know, I have a comfort zone when photographing......definitely indoors natural light and outside with tons of shade or an overcast day. Direct sun scares me.....I just can't read it that well and I think I tend to over-think things.
Now Enter Deb and Dee.....I'm doing their workshop on creative light and they are really pushing me out of my comfort zone and I love it. I'm by no means anything near what they capture with sunflare and so forth but I'm sooo proud of myself to attempting these. They are by far not correct but I hold them dear to my heart because I feel I'm opening a new door in my photography. =)







This one is a daring for me....the sun was too her right and I actually got some flare. =)



I was talking with Deb yesterday and she said that by the time I'm done with the class she has vowed to get me comfortable with using sun outside that that's all I'll want to shoot and that I'll have images that leave people speechless. She said that would make her sooooo happy....I love they are doing these workshops because they are determined to help others and that's important to me. =)

If you guys are interested in their workshops, check out the Workshop link to the right. They have a just starting out workshop as well if you feel you aren't ready for tackling sun. I have to admit, we are only on assignment #2 and I'm having a tough time with it so it's not for everyone. If you want to just get comfortable shooting, getting to know your camera and getting creative, I'd definitely do their JSO workshop first. =)

20 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

You're doing such a great job! I never would have known about the 'sun fear'. But you're not alone..the sun always mixes me up when I'm shooting too. I love the 'sunbeam' thingy in that picture. Beautiful!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Amy Covey said...

Good for you for stepping outside of your comfort zone and tackling something new. I love the third one - where she is down on the sidewalk. Gorgeous - especially the conversion. I also love the bright colors and sun in the first photo. Thanks for the info about their workshops...I'm off to check it out.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Wow - LOVE 1 and 3. Especially 3! Look at that colour in 1 as well.

Sounds like an absolutely great workshop. :) I think I need one for indoors...lol, I only ever shoot in full sun (although probably not that well)!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Good for you Brenda! Definately inspiring watching you tackle a challenge. This is something that I want to learn and figure out sooooo bad.. This workshop is definately on my list! TFS!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Great pics! You're doing wonderful!

Thanks for sharing about the workshop. It's going on my wishlist.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

these are great! Love the one with Gracie marking the sidewalk!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Wow...those are beautiful. I love the light in her hair on the first one. I think you might have sold me!

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW...great for you for getting out of that comfort zone. You always amaze me with your photographs...i love to see that sweet little gracie and of course sam ! i'm feeling like i know them ! my fav is the one of gracie on the sidewalk...love that angle ! thanks for the info on the workshop, i might try to jso !

1:32 PM  
Blogger pakosta said...

BRENDA!!!!!!!!!!! YES IAM YELLING. THOSE ARE FREAKIN' AMAZING GIRL!!!!!!!!!
i am going to take that class! can you tell me the information? all i see is the photos on the blog but nowhere to sign up?!
t

2:16 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

These are great, I really like the 1st shot and the 3rd shot, great captures!!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I'm so proud of you!!! and yes, knowing you, you'll be very very good after the workshop. I am saving money, Bren, I'm saving money. ;)

TFS!!!! love the pictures.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

These look great. I'm another one whose scared of the sun, but it's on my list of things to work on.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Brenda - you did an amazing job ..
if you this good now .. I can't wait to see what you will do at the end of the workshop!! :)
You are making me want to take this workshop!!
Keep sharing your work with us!!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

i'm so excited to see these - they're awesome, and i know there will be lots more to come. My fave is 3 - amazing!

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow I like these! and I really want to try this...

2:19 AM  
Blogger lynne said...

That's wonderful you are going outside your comfort zone, scary isn't it? I used to only prefer outside cloudy days, and was scared of indoor shoots (now they are my comfort zone!). It sounds like a great workshop, i may have to look it up. Thanks for posting! You are always inspiriing.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

I SO need to take this class!!!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Marla said...

WoW, Brenda, these are fabulous ... and its exciting to watch you learning something new. Looks like you're learning lots.

10:16 AM  
Blogger amy gretchen said...

Brenda the photos are amazing and I feel you captured the lighting perfect. I just can't imagine you being uncomfortable. Your photos scream confidence.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Thank you so much everyone! I just trying to stretch my comfort zone a bit so it's been really fun. It's hard, I'll admit but really, really fun!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home