Friday, June 29, 2007

thank you for the well-wishes!

All is good here....just really really tired! LOL!!

The surgery went wonderfully.....they found the scar tissue that was causing all the problems and they smoothed that puppy out! LOL!! It was about an 3 1/2 hour surgery and he was awake the entire time through it....can you believe that? He said he felt a couple pings around his heart but other than that, that was it. They had to go up through both legs to first locate the problem, so his legs are sore and a bit weak. He has to be on some potent blood thining medication so he has to be extremely careful over the next month. If he cuts himself, it could be really serious.

I've received so many emails asking about him and the comments on the blog here and I wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the prayers and well-wishes sent our way....we needed them. =) I promise I'll get back to each of you in the next couple of days but just wanted to post an update here. He's home and taking it easy for the next couple of days and he'll be back to his good ole' self. =)

xoxo,
Bren

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is fantastic news Brenda!!
Thanks for the update!!
Take care,

10:26 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Oh Brenda, That's sooooo Good to hear!!!! Hope you all get some rest!!
Hugs,
Tina

12:40 PM  
Blogger Jeanine said...

Glad to hear everything is fine! Wish your father a fast recovery.
Jeanine

2:16 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Oh, I'm so glad it went well. =)

Loving your recent photos.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Dhana Lauren said...

So glad to hear it went well. Just checked out your new website. Looks great.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

So glad everything went well...come back the "Vengeange" photos, as you promised!!!

4:39 PM  
Blogger ... said...

wonderfull to hear he's doing well. thats amazing he was able to be awake the whole time, that'd freak me out a little, i think id have to be fully under :) lol im not that brave.

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl! GREAT news...i'm so happy he's doing so well. my husband had to have surgery for a heart condition when i was pregnant with finn, and had to go in through the legs also...pretty amazing stuff they do. i'm loving your holiday cards...they are very YOU! xo, c

8:21 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Thank you everyone! He's doing fantastic....I know all the prayers and good vibes sent his way reached him...so again, I really appreciate it. =)

Tiffany....I know, I was hoping to knock them out this weekend but it looks like rain....ARRGGHHH! I will get them done...it may be all at once but I will. =)

Carrie,
It is amazing what the can do these days...almost scary too. I just can't wrap my head around how them went up through his veins to find the scar tissue that was causing all the issues and then burn it with a lazer....CRAZY! LOL!! Just like Milly said, PLEASE knock me out!! LOL!!
Thanks sweetie...oh and those cards are sooo cute...she has a new set to that I need to show...sooo adorable. =)

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home